I fired a small load of pots yesterday. Things went well and I got some good information. I think I'll be happier with my surface quality if I thin out my slip. That way more clay will show through. As it is now things are a bit too sterile looking for my taste. Still good pots though. Also I had some plates that had areas of bare clay left and I really like that. I made some mugs today and left the interiors bare, that will be a change in the next firing.
Click for larger image
Dog mug .
Backside of Dog mug.
Cereal bowl with cow. I do like those runny bits of glaze.
Mug with Cow.
Detail of outside of the possum bowl.
I have another load in the kiln that will fire off tomorrow and be out by Thursday. I tried some black inlay in the drawn lines and went back to green and amber as my primary accent glazes. I also thinned out the glaze a little. Should be a whole differnt look than the above pots. We'll see.